This week our wine bar team had some training on our wines!
We like to schedule periodical small tastings for our service staff so they can keep well-informed about our wines. To keep it interesting, this week we used the Court of Master Sommeliers – Deductive Tasting Format which is divided up in to 6 sections
- Palate- Structure Elements
- Palate- Flavour Elements
- Initial Conclusion
- Final Conclusion
Why Use the Deductive Tasting Method?
- To improve your ability to taste and ability to accurately describe the characteristics of a wine
- Form valuable taste references (or markers) that lead to logical conclusions when tasting blind
- Increase your overall wine knowledge by tying theoretical knowledge to what you taste
- Improve your ability to sell wine by developing a customer friendly lexicon of descriptors
Sounds like something you may be interested in? Our Blending Class is just for you!
Indulge your inner wine lover with this blending class at Urban Winery Sydney.
Learn about the winemaking process during a tour of the facility while enjoying regional cheeses and charcuterie. Sample six regional wines, blend them into your favourite concoction, and have some fun with a blind tasting.
Take home a complimentary bottle and stop by the cellar door for more tastings and to have your personalized blend bottled.